Saturday, December 5, 2009

Our Christmas Bells




These crocheted bells have graced our tree 24 Christmases.  They are our wedding bells, crochetted for me by the lovely lady who made our cake as a gift for us.  They not only remind me of our wedding - such a happy day-  they remind me of Miss Lucille, a sweet, talented lady, a special dear friend of my Mama.

As we approach our quarter century anniversary, we find many friends and family members who celebrated with us back then are no longer with us.  Miss Lucille, already elderly at our wedding, is one of them.  All our grandparents, my Father-in-law, several aunts and uncles, friends. When we look our wedding pictures, we point them out - look! there's Nanny, there's Dad, there's Uncle Willis.   I'm reminded to appreciate dear loved ones while we have them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The crocheted bells are certainly a treasure. Sweet memories of your dear friend and your wedding. So very important to cherish the family and friends we have each and every day.

Becky Garrison said...

We will celebrate our 25th next July, and we've lost so many loved ones! Both of hubby's parents and a sister, my grandmother, and Daddy just this year, not to mention numerous aunts, uncles and even a cousin or two. These are the times we remember those special to us. Love your bells! Becky

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Those bells are lovely!! We're almost there too...

Thank you for stopping by my blog the other day. My computer started to act up again and that's the reason I'm a little late:)Loved that you stopped by and gave me an opportunity to be here. I'll surely be back!

randi said...

What a treasure for the tree!

We have an ornament from our first year too and it's 22 years old now. Really, I think that is quite amazing!

crispy said...

How sweet. I love when the ornaments remind us of special things. When is the special day?

K-Sue said...

Crispy, April 6.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...