Monday, September 7, 2009

Illuminated Book

Here is a site out of the Victoria and Albert Museum (a place I want to visit someday) with directions and a template for making your own illuminated book.Earthgirl and I have not done this yet, but we will - oh, yes, we will! I don't remember where I first saw this, but a recent post in Jamin's blog reminded me.

In the meantime I started playing with one page, printed by accident on goldenrod paper, using watercolor pencils, a recent addition to our art stack. I love these! You color just like regular colored pencils, then can wash them with a wet brush.  The colors pop out, and you can blend a little.

I think this will be a popular project.  While I was preparing this post, 2 little almost-9-year-olds looked over my shoulder asking, "Did you do that?  Where is it?" 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very pretty. I would love a project like this. Keep us posted.

randi said...

This looks like a neat project. My crafty daughter would love it!

Anonymous said...

Very cool. This ties in so nicely with your study of the Middle Ages this year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...