Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Busy Before 4

It's that time of year when I scan the emails and the newspaper ads to find out what cool deals Staples and Office Depot are offering this week. (Monday I picked up 5 packs of looseleaf notebook paper for a nickel.)

It's that time of year when Earthgirl scans the ads and shows me the cool back-to-school clothes she wants. --not that she doesn't have about 32 T-shirts that are just fine, along with associated shorts, skirts, skorts, and capris, and it won't be cool enough to need long pants until Thanksgiving.

It's that time of year when, after a day of childcare, exercise class, soccer tryouts, and a longish Homeschool group meeting (not that I am complaining), I sit on the church gym floor with my friends, admiring a beautiful dozing foster baby ( I got to hold him earlier- so sweet! - Lord please bless and keep Him with your love) drinking caffeinated beverages at 10 p.m., talking about plans for the school year. (Oh, and we have some great plans!)

So it's that time of year when I fall asleep at 11:30, but pop awake at 3:30 with ideas swirling in my head. Grab the two Mark Kistler books in the dark, come into the light to discover I've grabbed The Indispensible Calvin and Hobbes instead.

I love these books! They help a non-drawer learn to draw.

It's that time of year when all 3 of my spiral notebooks are in the car. No problem - just got new ones at Staples, open one up and start jotting.



Because I'll be in charge of Art.

4 comments:

crispy said...

I can understand most of those feelings and thoughts. Hope you get some sleep even if you have swirling thoughts.

I had Chuck jot something down for me on my calendar as I was drifting off to sleep so it wouldn't bother me all night. I knew I would forget about it if I didn't get it down.

Anonymous said...

So you're still going to do art? What reaction did you get to the Greek?/Latin word origins idea?

K-Sue said...

Loving art, SG! I think I may be the only one interested in English from the Roots Up ;)

Anonymous said...

That's not true. I think it's a great idea for a class. I just was on the fence because there's a whole book in Barton on Greek and Latin roots, so I know that we'll get to it eventually. But if the rest of the crew was into it, so would we!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...