Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sewing Seeds

In the past, Randi of i have to say has invited me (along with all of Blogdom) to join her in Sewing Seeds.  I have wanted to, but it just did not work out before.  but this time, I was able to jump in and sew a couple of skirts for little girls in Haiti.  What a blessing to send these skirts with prayers for the little girls who will wear them.  I think there will be future projects for Sewing Seeds, and hope others will participate.

The skirts are lying atop my quilt backing.  The little lapquilt project took a backseat to this deadline.

I made the ruffled skirt using a tutorial from Sew Mama Sew, with slight modification to the waistband, and  made the pink bunny skirt sort of without a pattern - or maybe with several patterns/tutorials in my head?)

The fabrics come from the stash of quilter's fabric I bought at an estate sale. The lady who had owned these fabrics before was active in a local quilters' group that makes and gives quilts to needy families.  I think she would be happy that some of her fabric is going out to bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful project. The skirts are adorable and what a blessing they will be. You are right, the original owner of the fabrics would be so thrilled that you are using the fabrics to donate to those with so little. God bless you and the recipients of your projects.

Becky Garrison said...

That is so cool! Sadly, I'm just not a good enough seamstress to make anything like that - maybe I should be working on that!

Hope all is well in your part of the world. I was thinking of you yesterday. I went to my first meeting of the Georgia Farmgirls and thought you would really enjoy it!

Take care, Becky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...