Sunday, September 12, 2010

B4 and After

I found this counter-height metal chair at a local church's yard sale.  It was so sturdy and sat so well that I circled back around to it.  I could so easily envision it in a bright shiny color, so I plunked down $5 for it and hauled it out to the minivan. 

 
It's sitting in my newly-repainted laundry room, next to my newly-spray-painted rolling cart The laundry room paint is a darker khaki color than it appears in the picture.

It said "Art Department" on the back in Magic Marker.  I'd love to sit in it while creating art.  


Now look at it!  It was the favorite counter stool for Earthgirl and her friends at her birthday sleepover Friday night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is really cute! The older stools are so much sturdier. Love your laundry room makeover.

(I imagine the spray paint was more costly than the chair!)

K-Sue said...

Almost, Mildred! But I will probably paint a couple more things with it.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

So cute! I can see why the girls at the sleepover loved it!

Anonymous said...

Looks great. I like all the recent projects in the background, too. And is this a new blog background?

Lisa said...

Pretty color! When I saw that it said "art department" it brought back so many memories of my art classes where we had those stools. What a great find!

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

Awesome transformation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...