Monday, September 5, 2011

Homeschool Hooky Day 2011

When Public school started up a couple of weeks ago, we celebrated the first day of school by NOT doing any school! We went with friends for pizza!

 Then I taught Earthgirl's BFF (one of many BFFs) to chain stitch while Earthgirl took her piano lesson.  I couldn't quite go for hooky from piano  - I pay whether we are there or not.  Since we waiting gals were "hooking" on our crochet hooks, I guess it was still hooky.

And there was peace sign art, because Earthgirl just loves peace signs.  I did when I was her age, too!   So many styles and motifs from my growing up years are back in style.  Her friend just wanted to keep crocheting, and asked me to teach her to do a single crochet.  I think she will be a natural!

Earthgirl is in 6th grade this year.  What a blessing it is to be her teacher.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...