Wednesday, August 24, 2011

More of the 17 - Birds

I've been painting away - a chest, a buffet, a chair, but the finished, buffed, and photographed projects are the little starter projects.


I decorate with birds all over the house.  I think there may be a bird or birds in every room. 

After I painted my first blue frame (see 1-2 posts down), I had this nervous paintbrush wanting to spread the pretty Annie Sloan Provence color paint...and I had these 4 birds.  They have always travelled as two pairs.  Sometimes one pair has been on the back porch while the other pair fluttered on a bookshelf.  Most recently, one pair perches at my bedside while the other pair makes its home in my bathroom on the way too big "plant shelf." 

 
Before birds:

A pair of birds in blue?...happiness!

After birds:  the one on left is finished, while the one on right only had paint, and is still waiting for a coat of clear wax, then dark wax, then a rub-off and buff.

The finish, both color and texture remind me a bit of McCoy pottery



2 comments:

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Love the sweet birds! Thanks for popping in for a visit at TheDedicatedHouse and for the sweet comment. Tootles, Kathryn

Anonymous said...

Hi, The birds turned out great. I have a new blog after having some problems with the old one. Mildred

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...