Monday, May 10, 2010

Trying things on

Last week's visit to the nice home decor store (one of my SIL and Mama's favorites) held an extra bonus for me - their clearance table had remnants of some lovely fabric that cost almost nothing.  Ummm hmmm, that is yummy to me.

When I have a piece of fabric bought without a particular project in mind, I have to try it on a few places.  Do you try things on?

This brown print, uneven raw edges and all, was our tablecloth for 2 meals.


This scrap with tropical print, along with this small length of fringe, may find themselves in a pillow, maybe 10" x 22" with fringe on the ends?


And this is my favorite - a soft green/ gray-blue/ cream piece that may work well as a runner on my buffet.  When the Sm'Arties came over, there it was, selvedges hanging out shamelessly.  The flora and fauna are very Florida-looking, don't you think?


See the ferns and butterfly?


How about this shy lizard?

Can you spot the grasshopper?

2 comments:

Becky Garrison said...

Hi K! That piece on the buffet looks like it just belongs there! I have a serious addiction to fabric. I can't go through a fabric store without looking at the remnants bin - you can find amazing bits and pieces in the remnants, and they are CHEAP! :o) B.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a good idea to find the perfect place for your fabrics! I love to audition fabrics I am using for quilting - never thought to do it for homewares too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...